Monday, May 24, 2010

Dedicated to 24: Thank You!

Today was a sad day for us all.  The show finale of 24 came on.  It's been a great series for me.  I started in season 5, and had to watch the previous seasons in a couple of weekends because the show is addicting and keeps you on the edge of your seat.  I've been grateful enough to also be able to watch it over the years with close friends of mine.  Next Monday.. I'm not going to know what to do with myself ;(  Now I must wait until the movie comes out .. hope it's 24 hours long, lol.

Anyway, let me rush workout info for today.

Technique: Deadlift 30 reps concentrating on legit  technique.

WOD: "Fight Gone Bad Championship Style"

Repeat a 5 station circuit 5 times. Spend a minute at each station.  Rest one minute after each round.  It's a killer workout because you are fighting for 30 minutes, counting for each rep you finish or calorie you burn

  1. Wall-ball, 10 ft target (Reps)
  2. Deadlift high-pull, 75lbs (Reps)
  3. Box jump, 20inch(Reps)
  4. Push-press, 75lbs (Reps)
  5. Row (Calories Burned)

Results: 80 + 72 + 62 + 40 + 65 = 319 total.
I did great on the box jumps and burned about 18-23 calories on the rower each minute.  Everything else, I suck at!  But what counts is I gave it my all. Round 4, I was almost out for the count.. but Round 5, I went out swinging!


2 comments:

  1. Lol to the 24 dedication and "rushing" the workout part, smh lol. Sounds like a fun workout, get up on those Push-presses :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, you get one of those 'glad i came in to get my butt kicked' moments after the time expires.

    ReplyDelete