Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Workout

Today we honor all the soldiers who have given their lives for our country by performing a hero workout called "The Seven".

Who are they?  They are the seven CIA officers and one Jordanian officer a suicide bomber killed at a remote base in southeastern Afghanistan on December 30, 2009 after posing as a potential informant reporting on Al Qaeda.

The workout is 7 rounds for time.
  • 7 Handstand push-ups
  • 7 Thrusters
  • 7 Knees to elbows
  • 7 Deadlifts
  • 7 Burpees
  • 7 Kettlebell swings 
  • 7 Pull-ups

I completed it in 37 min, mostly scaling the weight.  After round 4, it was hard to keep it going, but knowing who it represented, pushed me.


Information above was borrowed from the main Crossfit website.

2 comments:

  1. Thats really nice, cool idea to dedicate a workout to soliders. Btw- burpees?

    ReplyDelete
  2. a burpee is when u drop yourself quickly to the ground into push up position, but catch yourself right when your chest is about to hit the floor, then push yourself up with enough momentum that u land on your feet in a squat position. Then jump straight up and while in the air, clap your hands over your head while arms are fully extended. That's a regulated one. I like to think I'm laying on a surfboard paddling out to sea, then I see the wave and have to get quickly to my feet. Then I notice a shark coming for me and I then jump high to grab the ladder hanging from my private helicopter =) yep, that's the life I live, lol.

    ReplyDelete