Friday, May 14, 2010

Helen, Helen.... Helen...


Aiight, so today I hooked up with my girl Helen.  If you don't know who she is, click the link here.  I was done with her in about 12min, 30secs.  Could have been a little quicker, but what fun it that?

Anyway, this guy has had one of the fastest times doing Helen, and you can see this video of him in action with people watching and supporting him.  THAT'S WHY I LOVE CROSSFIT.  Oh, and just an FYI, he's no average Joe.  He won the first Crossfit games back in 2007. So don't laugh at my time :)

Summary of Today
Warmup was a lot of stretching, stuff I haven't done before and can't explain.. like a pushup, put with fingers facing your toes, lol.
Split Jerk, working with a partner, do 2, and rest for a total of  20 reps.. focus on technique.
"Helen"- 3 rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
21 KB Swings 1.5 pood (55lbs)
12 Pull Ups
Completed the first set of KB swings unbroken, then last two sets, had to do in sets of 5 or 6 before dropping/resting.  Running and PU are cool for me.  Saw times of others being sub 10min to 15.

Until next time Helen....

2 comments:

  1. I know you are doing it with extreme intent on inuendo, but the way you talk about "helen" is gross, rofl....such a *i*P

    ReplyDelete