Sunday, April 18, 2010

Good Bye, My Love.

In exactly a week from now, I'll be saying good bye to you...

It's been an amazing journey, but as with all good things, they must come to an end.  I will take with me memories of both pain and unbelievable accomplishment that have molded me into this amazing person I am today.

I still remember the first day we met, the straight away on the track.  Just after 100 meters, I knew I wasn't ready for this, but you didn't leave me either.  You stayed there, day after day, awaiting my return and helping to push me around the track, to the point I said I'm ready for the road.

Then, you brought me an amazing set of friends that helped me to build solid relationships and more over,  gave me a better appreciation of the beauty of my city.  Stepping outside and taking part in it with others opened my eyes to how blessed I am to live here in the Bay.

At this moment, I knew I could consider myself a runner.. thanks to you.

You have helped me to overcome many challenges in my life by giving me time to think.  Life can get rather busy and stressful, but I noticed our moments together de-stresses me and takes me to another world where I forget about 'whats really going on'.

Once being mostly a couch potato, you've gotten me to participate in many races, that have in-turn kept me healthy.  I’ve been fortunate enough to to not have had any injuries as a result of you... but I do recall times where you've dropped the hammer to remind me that you are a major part of my life... 8 mile marker of SJ Rock and Roll Half few years back.. 16 mile marker of NYC Marathon... the pain was unbearable, but this is where my friends helped to keep me going to the end.

I have so much I want to say and thank you for... I can go on and on... but as we both have noticed these past three months, things haven't been the same.

Next Sunday morning, you and I will be together again, in hopefully what I'd like to call our final moments.  It's not going to be easy, especially since I have been avoiding you for awhile now.  I'm expecting the pain and will be ready for it.  Besides the ugly that will come of this, I will see beauty these last 26.2 miles of my life... which wouldn't be possible without you.

Please continue to push and encourage others like you have me.  I'll be around, and you know how to contact me if you've ever in need of an escape.  Until then...

Good Bye, My Love.

2 comments:

  1. I already knew something was wrong with you, but this just confirms it haha. Good luck next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! So ready to get this run over with.

    ReplyDelete