Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Crossfit in Shreveport


I returned home for my 10 year High School reunion.  I had a blast!  Once I get pics together, I'll share.

Of course, in the back of my head, I needed my Crossfit fix, and this came from Red River Crossfit.  My high school friend's husband is one of the owners there, and he let me take part in the WOD.  This is great for Shreveport to have a box, showing CF is slowly growing in the area.  The next closest one is in Monroe, about 100 miles away.

The warm-up involved a light jog and many stretch techniques to get the legs warm and then we did a few rounds of jump rope and pushups.

Since I was attending the boot-camp class, he offered an advanced WOD which I and another guy took part in...
  • Row 1k meters
  • then complete 5 rounds of
  •  7- 35lb single arm dumbbell swings on both sides and
  • 14- 20lb wall ball shots
  • then finish with a set of 100 situps.

I finished around 19mins... that was the most I ever Row'd in one sitting and it slowed me down during the wall balls, but I felt good accomplishing it.  Very good workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment