Wednesday, July 7, 2010

First Day of Class

Tonight was the first day of the Olympic Lifting Class offered at the box.  It was very informative and one of the best ways to understand technique and the importance of it.  I took a lot from the class so I need to record it to come back and reference it get better over time.

Skill: Snatch Balance
While standing with bar along your back, drop down into a squat under the bar while extending your arms. Then stand up, out of the squat with weight high above you.
Goals to focus on 1.) do not throw the weight up to get under... just kind of 'unload it / pop it' to get under 2.) Your squat should end at the same time you fully extend your arms and shoulders locked up/out 3.) Sit in heals with back straight and head facing forward and BALANCE/CONTROL!!!!

Experience:
Do 7 sets of 3 reps each.  I found myself starting at 45lbs and getting to 70lbs.  The first of each 3 reps was always the hardest, trying to keep my balance in the squat and driving up.  I found myself doing well when I focused on 'getting rough' with the bar and pop under quickly yet in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment