Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happy 25th Birthday

Gary is known around the box for he has been there since its early stages and is an overall cool guy.  I didn't know how young he was though.  Anyway, I'm impressed by his technical abilities and have see the transformation his body has taken from old pics.  It's inspiring. Wish I was that motivated in my early 20s.. but anyway, that's life =)

He made a workout of all his favorite moves.  I like the list and it's a tough one.  You mos def feel your core being attacked.  Introducing Gary's Birthday Workout... 5 rounds for time at RX 185#M, 135#F
  • 200 meter run
  • 3 muscle ups
  • 5 dead lifts
  • 3 power cleans
  • 2 jerks
I can't power clean that much weight, so I had to do 115lbs.  I was able to complete the first 2 rounds of 3 MUs, and for the 3rd, got 2 in, and for the last 2, did one.  For each MU I could not do, I had to substitute 2 pulls and 2 ring dips.  I finished right under 17min.  If I would have skipped MUs entirely, I could have smashed my time! But I'm only hurting myself... words of advice.. we can cheat our ways out, but in the end, you won't become better.

WORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment