Monday, July 12, 2010

My Foot Was Twitching


While driving home from CF this evening, my right foot kept twitching.  It's funny because it was like a fish out of water.. just flopping around whenever I stopped accelerating.  This was due to the workout today.

We did a lot of squat work today.  You know, the stuff that built my massive sexy thighs (that don't really exist).    We worked on the Back Squat.. doing sets of 15-12-10-8.  I started off with 95lbs and then 115 for the last three sets.  It was hard for me to get out of from below the parallel.. but getting better.

The WOD was 100 Thrusters at 95lbs... which is a movement that involves the front squat and then pressing the bar up over your head (video link).  It's a cool movement, hitting the whole body, yet pretty taxing over time.  Each time you get a minute marker, you have to stop and do 2 burpees and then get back on the Thrusters.

I was able to get in 15 thrusters at the recommended weight until I felt I was really slowing down.  I threw off 20lbs and continued.   Then I got to 60 and thru off the remaining weight to leave me with just the bar (45lbs).  Took me 13 minutes total.  I looked like I had just walked out the shower, drenched in sweat (gonna have to take a pic one day).

Another cool thing about CF... GO HEAVY, but over time, you can SCALE it as you need.  The purpose is to just keep going, giving it your all.  Once the workout was over, it looked like someone had come into the room and took everyone out... people were on the ground sucking in their last breath (sorry if the visual was too.. umm, you know).  Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment