Monday, January 3, 2011

Go Maura, Go!

Day 3 (Monday) and chugging along.  Tomorrow, I start work, so will need to make sure I can continue to juggle  these new eating habits.  Wish me luck!

Today, I decided to get a bit creative with the meals.  For breakfast, I made 4 eggs cooked with peppers on a plate surrounded by apple slices.  Not to shabby.
For lunch, 2 grilled skinless chicken breasts with bell peppers and grilled kabob of pineapple and mango.  Yeah, that came out from left field :)  Guess when you feeding yourself, you can be adventurous!
For Dinner, which was after my WOD, I slammed down 2 beef patties with side of basic salad, various steamed vegetables, and a sliced fresh tomato.
Anyway, the WOD was a pretty bad-ass one, in honor of someone's 1 year anniversary.  My good friend Maura (the letter " I " below) lost over 100lbs and is still moving along strong!  You can read her story in the paper right here!  What's amazing is the movements she did today were one's she couldn't do a year ago.  Congrats to her.  If you don't know her, you should... she has this infectious bubbly personality, lol.
(pic from couple of months ago)
The technique was to complete 65 Reps of Front Squats at a fast pace.  I was able to do it in  sets of 5-6.  It killed my thighs and mos def effected my WOD results since I didn't have time to rest.

The WOD was to complete as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes of:
  • 10 KB Swings @ 1.5 pood
  • 8 Wall Ball Shots (20lb)
  • 4 Pull Up's
  • 2 Power Clean @ 225 (I used 115)
I completed 7 rounds but was already dead half way into the workout.. shirt went off within minutes and heart rate was skyrocketing at the 7 and half min marker.  This means it was an awesome workout ;)  I was able to fight thru it.

Anyway, vacation is over... time to get ready for the new year of work.... Thanks for Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Nice, fancy layout of your meals! Makes em look delicious... even though I hate eggs. :)

    ReplyDelete