Friday, January 28, 2011

What's Your Plan?

Starting Day 28 (Friday) of my 45 Day Paleo (plus random rules) Challenge.  I believe I am in smooth sailing mode.  However, not everyone is.

This makes me wonder.... why are people still having problems? Haven't they gotten over the hump yet?  We're over 3/5 the way there!!! Haven't they seen and felt the results yet?  I mos def have... mentally, physically, and yes, emotionally.  Maybe it's their environment.. maybe it's their time and other life priorities I can't of course relate too.  Mine are luckily under some type of control now, where at times, it can be mismanaged.


Well, when I can't get focused I sit back and reevaluate my original goals.  Seek what are the factors that cause me to not reach my goals.  Or maybe, my goals are too general and really need to be dialed in... clearer.  This might need to be done VERY OFTEN.. kind of like a checkpoint with YOU and REALITY.   Example for me... ever since I left college Dec 04, I've been trying to better my overall fitness level.  It's be several years now and only the last few have been productive, so I know it's not easy.  I TRICK MYSELF.. for example, sign up for marathons and also share with my friends so it holds me accountable.  I don't want to fail in front of them and I also want to have their support when possible.  Just doing something 'secretly' is a easy way to give in when no one else knows... right?!?.

So, hopefully whatever it is you plan to do (Paleo, learn a language, not eat candy, be nice to people, whatever), have yourself a plan and try to follow it.  Success is not possible without a plan.

On that note, another plan of mine was to learn to cook and committing to Paleo was a way of TRICKING myself.  (yes, I'm the only one that can trick myself, lol).  Ever heard of turducken?  I've never had it but this random thought made me pair the two below.  I call it the Big Bird meal.  Chicken and Turkey, in perfect harmony together.  I know it might be against the rules of cooking, but then again, since when do I follow the rules?  Breaking them seems to be so much fun right now.  Don't worry, I got my share of greens with this.


Moreover, for breakfast one time this week, I challenged the Chicken and Waffles and made Chicken and Eggs. Yeaaaaaa!

Anyway, here's the rest of my workouts and food for my record.

REST: Had two separate days of rest

RUN: did a high pace 4mile run down the Expressway
  • About 30-35 min... faced traffic and lights

WOD: Major Fat and Cardio Burner!
  • Max rounds in 4 minutes of 10 KB swings @ 1.5 poods and 10 24inch Box Jumps.
  • Rest 1 minute and repeat for 3 rounds.. 
RESULTS: 4, 3, and 3.5 (went hard at the end!)

WOD: Perform the following, rest 90 secs, and do it again for total of 4 rounds
  • 12 Ring Dips,
  • 33 Air Squats,
  • 18 Pull Ups,
  • Sprint 75m,
  • 9 burpees,
  • Sprint 75m Back
RESULTS:  Finish Time of 16:07 [Rd1 in 2:16, Rd2 in 2:38,  Rd3 in 3:03, & Rd4 in 3:40]

TECHNIQUE: Upper Body Killer

  • Find Shoulder Press 1 Max Rep, 
  • then Push Press 30 times in 3 sets or less and
  • then Push Jerk 30 times in 3 sets or less.

RESULTS: could not hit my SP 125lb PR.  Used 95lbs for PP/PJ.  PP was 3 sets of 10 and PJ was 2 sets of 10, then 2 sets of 5.

WOD: After above technique, for 7min,

  • do 40 Power Clean's @ 135#'s and
  • then walk around with weight overhead.

RESULTS: Used 95 and started walking after 4min. Covered about 100-150m. BRUTAL!

Breakfast
  • 3 eggs scrambled with turkey and and side of orange slices
  • 3 eggs scrambled with ground beef
  • Chicken breast with side of 3 eggs scrambled with peppers
  • 3 eggs scrambled with turkey and peppers and mushrooms
  • 3 eggs scrambled with beef and peppers and mushrooms
  • 3 eggs scrambled with turkey and peppers and mushrooms and a sliced pear on the side
Lunch
  • ground turkey with various veggies
  • large servings of ground beef and various veggies and a nectarine
  • fruit salad of pear, banana, 2 kiwi, and nectarine
  • BIG BIRD (my creation) which is 1 chicken breast and side of turkey with veggies
  • 1 Chicken breast with side of veggies
Dinner
  • 2 Chicken breasts with veggies
  • ground beef and various veggies
  • turkey with various veggies
  • ground beef with various veggies
  • large portion of lettuce wraps of ground turkey with various veggies

2 comments: