Saturday, January 1, 2011

It has begun

Day 1 (Saturday) of the Paleo Challenge is complete.  And what a way to bring it and the New Year in!!

Since it was New Years, I of course slept in but needed a fix before the WOD today.  I made a quick one serving sized Breakfast Smoothie of frozen fruits (strawberries, raspberries, and pineapple) with coconut milk, almonds, and ice/water.  This created a very thick mixture perfect for spooning and seeing what you are actually eating.  If wanting smoother, I would need to add more liquid and blend until smooth.


It was just enough to get me through the Hero Workout called "Murph".  This Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, from Patchogue, N.Y., was killed in Afghanistan June 2005.  In his honor, for time complete:
  • 1 mile Run
  • 100 Pull-ups
  • 200 Push-ups
  • 300 Squats
  • 1 mile Run
I sprinted the last hundred yards into the door and quickly found myself on the floor, fetal position, lol.  Stomach felt like someone knifed me!  After about a min or two, I was cool.  I did the above workout Cindy style: 20 rounds of 5 PLU, 10PSU, and 15 Squats.  The runs took about 6-7min each.  Total time ended up being 38min, 30secs.  If I did a few more PLUs, I am sure the skin of my hands would have ripped!  Also, some people do it with weighted vests on (20-40lbs).  That represents the weight of the country on the soldier's shoulders.  Mad Respect to those that did it that way!

I came home to a grilled Turkey patty with a side of fresh sliced tomato and carrots and later for dinner, had steamed broccoli and grilled skinless chicken breast. For dessert, I had frozen apple slices ;)


Cooking has been the one thing in my life that I have been lacking.  In the amount of time and prep worked to do what I did for dinner, I could have easily picked up Papa Johns or Taco Bell.  But something about cooking it and it actually 'kind of tasting good' put a smile on my face.  Now, what am I going to make for breakfast Sunday!

Here's a random pic from last week from my box's site, doing a Turkish Getup.


Happy 2011 Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Im not even gonna tell you what ALL I ate 1/1/11!!!! Goodness! Great job starting off the year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great start Frank, congrats on making it alive for those workouts and meals!!! Dont suffocate the inner fatboy tooo tooo much lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trisha... I can only imagine what you ate. But you shouldn't worry ;)

    Thanks Anonymous! Yeah, the good thing is I can eat more of what I make too. I was hungry after my dinner, so more veggies and meat (no homo) for me next time around!

    ReplyDelete