Saturday, January 22, 2011

Almost 30 DUs!!!

Day 22 (Saturday) has come to an end.  I'm basically half way there!

Today, I did some Double Under practice.  This is a jump rope move used in Crossfit, where the rope passes under you twice in one jump.  The sound that it produces is unmistakable.  Months back, I posted that I met a neighbor who Crossfits because I heard outside this distinctive sound.  Anyway, not too long ago, I couldn't do any...and once I got 1 or 2 together, it was ugly massive jumps... now I'm at 30 in a row (or maybe it's 29.. help me count).



That 30 is nothing compared to the elite people who can do 251 in 2 min without stopping.

Besides working out, I continue to throw down in the kitchen (at least I think I do).  I created Turkey and Apple.  Yep, that's it.. and it tasted good.  I'll make this one again!


Anyway, here's the rest of my workouts and food for my record.

WOD: This was a crazy day...
  • complete  50 Hip Extensions, 2 High Rope Climbs, and 3 Prowler Pushes
  • and then for 4min, start a 200m Run and then perform Max Box Jumps (24inch)
  • and then for 4min start a  300m Run and then perform Max Hang Power Snatches (75lbs)
  • and then for 4min, start a 400m Run and then perform Max Burpees
RESULTS.. Lost Count, lol. I was completely a zoned-out-zombie doing Burpees too.  Overall, I was happy with my results and the way I felt when done

WOD: About an hour of DU practice at home park in the amazing weather!!!

Breakfast
  • 3 eggs scrambled with ground beef and peppers and mushrooms
  • 3 eggs scrambled with veggies
Lunch
  • large portions of lettuce wraps and ground beef 
  • ground turkey with peppers, and mushrooms and a nectarine
  • fruit salad and almonds
Dinner
  • ground turkey with apple chunks (My Creation)
  • 2 Chicken breasts with veggies
  • 2 Chicken breasts with 2 tomatoes

2 comments:

  1. WOW... impressive with double unders!!! Good form! No dolphin kicks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol at the dolphin kicks! yeah, I remember those days.

    ReplyDelete