Friday, November 12, 2010

What? Someone doing Double Unders?

This is what I thought to myself today as I worked from home and heard a familiar sound outside my window.  Come to find out, one of my neighbors was performing double unders (jump roping with it passing under you twice in one jump).  I peek outside when I hear it stop and see a guy swinging a kettlebell.  This is where my heart breaks (why couldn't it be a CF woman! lol)  Anyway, I go and introduce myself and make a new buddy.


Today's work at the gym was great.  We worked on performing heavy deadlifts and took part in a quick challenging WOD.  I was able to meet my personal record on the DL of 305lbs.  I was kind of disappointed I wasn't able to beat it but can blame it on not eating properly this morning and of course  not working on it for the past three months ;(  wasn't cool.

The WOD was to be completed under ten min ideally, 13 at the most.
5 Rounds for time of:
  • 10 Deadlift's @ 225#'s    (Pull)
  • 5 Hand Stand Push Up's    (Push)
  • 10 Ring Row's
I used 165lbs for deadlift and did the strict RR from the ground and completed in 8min, 30secs.  I was basically flawless on the HSPU and was able to knock out both the RR and DL unbroken for the first 2 rounds.

I then worked on my double unders afterwards and think I'll be buying me a fancy one soon.

Another WOD I forgot to post from couple of days ago was a fight gone bad style... where you perform max number of reps in one minute on each of 5 stations for a total of 3 rounds... also you have one minute rest in between rounds.
  1. Pull ups
  2. Sit ups
  3. Power snatch at 75 pounds
  4. Rowing
  5. Sumo deadlift high pull 95 pounds
Results: I was able to complete about 80, 70, and 60 reps for a estimated total of 210.  My Pullups and SDHP were the items causing the most slippage from round to round.  I did give it all my effort though!

Aiight, Crossfit Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment