Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Want to join Crossfit?


I'm not a pro or anything, but here's some tips if you want to get started doing Crossfit.

1.) Find local crossfits in your area by using google and see if their prices and class schedules work for you.
2.) Look through their website and check out their activities.  Does it appear engaging, meaning there are stories and tips provided then just a WOD everyday?  Member interactive can add to the experience.
3.) Schedule a free class and/or pop up and check out the classes in person for the times you may come (may be too crowded around your time, lack of equipment or space, or the coaches aren't not very helpful, enjoy the music?? etc)
4.) Speak to an existing member about their experience and they will give you real talk.

Keep in mind, we have FREE Saturday 9am classes for friends at my box.  Let me know if you want to go so I can plan accordingly. We may not do any extreme weights for the safety of everyone, but hopefully you'll get a feel for the CF community and the box and also a great Saturday  morning workout.

Why do I love my box so much?
1.) Jason is awesome!
2.) All the trainers are cool and helpful and push me.
3.) The members are hecka cool and I do get excited when I see some of them (but don't tell them).
4.) It's right down and the street and the wide open schedule works for me.
5.) The box is engaging outside of classes (groups runs, outings, etc).
6.) There is a lot of equipment (except GREAT jump-ropes, lol)
7.) Every night, the WOD is put up so I can plan my day accordingly.. get excited about the WOD, or run from a WOD.. which isn't cool.. face yo fear!!).
8.) The website is engaging and Jason goes above and beyond at times with useful information like technique, nutrition, etc..
9.) I can also attend weightlifting and mobility classes as well at the box and the location in Mountain View.

Need more info?
Here's an article from a woman who took park in Crossfit for the first time.  More over, here's a video of some women from Santa Clara taking part in a WOD which I thought was awesome... cuz their technique is on point and I like the song being used.. for some reason ;)  Stole it from a facebook friend.
They did 7 rounds for time:
  • 5 Handstand push-ups
  • 125 pound Deadlift, 10 reps
  • 10 Chest to bar pull-ups
  • 20 Double-unders
Well, if you have any questions, let me know.

------------------------------------------------

Tracking Results from Yesterday:

Perform FAST... 7 sets of 5-8 backsquats at a moderate load.
I used (crap, forgot the weight.. 45bar, 2-10lb, plus 2-10/15.. .so 85 to 95??) and found myself not going as fast as I'd like.  Once I got the flow, I was shooting up quickly and having the bar land back on top of my neck. Need to learn to keep it against me.

WOD: Max rounds in 15 minutes of Cindy:
  • 5 pull ups
  • 10 push ups
  • 15 air squats
Put before you start peforming Cindy, you must first complete the following.. all within 15min.
2 rounds of:
  • 30 KB swings @ 2pood
  • 30 double unders
Results were using the 1.5pood and basic speed rope and I did ok.  Started Cindy right under the 4min marker I think.  Lost count, but think I completed 12 to 14 rounds.. fast on my first several sets of pushups, hit and miss on air squads, and complete control of my PUs.   I went EXTREMELY hard I think, especially in the final two minutes... you can see I was about to fallout in the pic right after!

No comments:

Post a Comment