Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

 
What am I thankful for?  Friends, Family, and Crossfit (come on, it's a blog dedicated to CF!).  I am thankful to say I'm in my best shape of my life (shows I'm old since old people normally say it).

Anyway, the biggest thing people are scared of when this holiday approaches is all the food they are going to eat.  Well, I am happy to say I ate all I could and come this morning, I feel like it never happened.  Why, I've UNINTENTIONALLY shocked my body starting a full 24 hours before the big feast.  Did you know there are studies out there that say some workouts fire your metabolism up to 48hours later?  Google it ;)

Wed afternoon, I took part in a WOD I made up called the Sargonian, that night went Rowing for a 2000m Time Trial, and then Thanksgiving morning, ran a 10k Turkey Trot and rewarded myself with a Thanksgiving feast!!!  Special THANKS to Sargon, Emeric, and the Isoms for making this all possible!

Instead of Shopping... I was hoping to go to CF this morning, but my legs and calves were begging me for a break.  So, here's my break and tracking of my Thanksgiving activities.

Enjoy!

WOD: The Sargonian (estimated 20 min, included 2miles of sprint/running)

As one person WORKS, the other is completing a 400m loop. 1 rep is counted as a point and the one with highest points at end wins!
  1. Kettlebell Swings (w/ 1.5 pood)
  2. Kettlebell Swings
  3. Push Press (w/ 50lb log)
  4. Push Press
  5. Backsquat (w/ 45lb Barbell)
  6. Backsquat
  7. Burpees (chest to floor, jump and lap over head)
  8. Burpees
Together, perform 4-100m Sprints at the end.
Results: Took a little over 25min and we were pretty beat.  Sprints felt very good at the end as well. I learned I need to really work on my speed squats... chest kept following forward. 
 
ROWING: This was my first time getting real experience with the Concept 2 Rowing machine. In the past, I've done some short rows to warmup during CF or during a WOD, but really didn't know how to gauge my performance and row properly and strategically.  I walked away with a much better technique now and a Personal Record ;)  (yeah, first time is always your best time).
Warmups- Performed several 500m and couple 250m
Workout- Performed a 2K in 8min, 14secs (minus some secs due to starting the time before rowing)
Goal was to finish at 8min... not bad for first time and rowing error. Hope to hit 8min next time!

TURKEY TROT:  I joined my CF crew to run the 10k Silicon Valley Turkey Trot early in the morning in my Vibram FiveFingers Bikilas!  It was freakin cold! (high 30s, low 40s) First 1.5miles was mostly crowded but once I was able to get free and stretch my legs, I got on track.  I was happy with my performance but still think I could have gotten it in under 45min if I started off with the mindset of doing a PR.
  • Results: 343 out of 4118
  • Men: 296 out of 2044
  • M 25-29: 36 out of 330
  • Finish: 47:02 Pace: 7:35
 Aiight, time to relax!

1 comment:

  1. Fun freakn workout! thanks for posting. if only u could retrieve the infamous video of the workout. ahh the pain

    ReplyDelete