Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Beat by a Girl

Not just any girl.. but the "Fittest Woman on Earth, Winner of the 2010 CrossFit Games, Kristan Clever".  She's badass and makes anything she does look effortlessly with her 5ft,3inch frame, weighting only 133.  She came in 4th during 2009, so I was lucky enough to see her win the Games this past summer.


So, how did she beat me?  Well, it was during the Hero WOD named "Collin", after a Navy SEAL fatally shot mid August during combat operations in Eastern Afghanistan.

It's 6 rounds for time of:

  • Carry 50 pound sandbag 400 meters
  • 115 pound Push press, 12 reps
  • 12 Box jumps, 24 inch box
  • 95 pound Sumo deadlift high-pull, 12 reps

I know I could do the above to really push myself (estimated 38min), but I had another goal in mind... to take down the champion!  She completed it in 24min according to the crossfit.com site with lesser weights... a 35lb bag, 85lb Push Press, 24" box, and 65lb SDHP.  So I set up the same equipment, however, I didn't have the sandbag and carried a 35lb bumper plate instead.

Well, once I came back from the run with the awkward plate to carry, I was already over 2min and needed to average 4min a round to win.  I ran back out a little after 4 min, but knew I had already lost for I needed to make up ground but would be tired of course over time. Round after round, my time kept slipping slightly as I became smarter on the carry, but tired on the PPs.  Once I got to the 24min marker, I was somewhere in the early stages of the 5th round and had one more to do.  Sadness... right there, I knew why she was the champion.

I continued with the goal to give it my all and finally finished at 31:50.  Next time Kristan, you're going down! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment