Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tabata Style

First off, I made the Internet!!!!  My sister from another mother has decided to join the dark side and can't wait to see her progress over time.  I worked out with her once and it was a memorable moment ;).  Welcome Edub!  WARNING: IT CAN BECOME ADDICTING.


Today was a quick burner to kick start the removal of that Thanksgiving food.  It's called "Tabata", which is 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest for 8 cycles (4 minutes). There is no rest between exercises so the below took about 16 minutes.
  • Tabata Push Ups
  • Tabata Sit Ups
  • Tabata Air Squats
  • Tabata Sprints 
What's great about this workout is that you can do it anywhere!  Also, it's easy to gauge your performance.  Your score is the lowest count during any cycle.  For example, my PU was 5.. because I started doing 10 a round, then it end up being 9, 8, 7, 6... and then 5 for last couple of rounds.  This is big progress because it used to be 2 (maybe even 1) when I used to start off with like 15-17 PUs.  I try to play it smart.. meaning, don't blow yo load.  Sit-ups and Squats I maintained at 10, and sprints, I was sprinting hard each time... no problems there (except the rain and having my feet wet).

No comments:

Post a Comment