Monday, November 8, 2010

(Video) Walking Handstand

Practice what you suck at! I've been making time on the side doing handstands. Here's a result after doing a WOD. For those who can recall, I once had problems just getting my legs up and holding it for a sec, then crashing down pretty hard. Now I am trying to WALK IT. Turn your monitors on its side and enjoy!



Just dumping some results so I can compare in the future.  Funny because I'm already having to estimate since I forgot some of it already.  Might not be an exciting read :(

Day One:
Technique was to find your Max Overhead Squat.  I suck at this an movement and warmed up with the 45lb and was pretty tired from that.  But slowly added 10lbs and ended up at 125lb.  That's pretty awesome for me.  The WOD was 4 Rounds for Time:
  • 20 Back Squats @ 135
  • 10 30" Box Jumps 
  • 50 Double Unders
Results: I did 85lbs for the first 2 rounds, then dropped to 75lb.  Did impressively well on my DUs.  Took about 16 to 17min.  Did a lot of rest during the squats ;(  Kept getting called out for dropping my chest (I was tired, Geez! lol)

Day Two:
Warmed up and then performed 5 sets of 5 Glute Ham Raises using the partner/floor technique (25 reps)
The WOD was to move to next station after 5 mins... the quicker you finsih, the more rest of have in theory.
1.) 400m Sprint (about 3:50 min of rest)
2.) 50 Deadlift's at 155lbs (about 2 min of rest)
3.) 35 Burpees (about 2-3 min left)

Day Three:
Warm up and then find Max Front Squat... which ended up being 165 or 155... hence why I need to write this ish down!!! Grrr.  The WOD was find you max rounds in 10 min of:
  • 5 Clean and Jerk's @ 135#'s
  • 7 Pull Up's
I did 95lbs and completed 7 or 8 rounds.

Overall, the last several times I've been to CF have been pretty badass.. not sure why.  Hope this means I'm back on the grind!

No comments:

Post a Comment