Thursday, December 2, 2010

365 Day Burpee Challenge

So, today was a pretty killer WOD and Day Two of the 365 Day Burpee Challenge.

First, for the 365 Day Burpee Challenge... this means I have to do an extra burpee each day, so I had to do 2 today since I did 1 yesterday (December 1st) Hard huh.. well, the real fun comes each day during 2011, when I'm doing 31 on New Years Eve and then 32 New Years Day and so forth.  And if I miss a day, well I have to make it up.. so that could be 31 + 32 = 63 that day.  This is the only type of punishment I'd enjoy taking!

Join me if you are interested. Definition of a Burpee can be found here, and a video is below to represent Day One.  I might time myself and do videos when the count gets larger to track my progress.



The Technique of the day was the "Muscle Up".   It's a pretty powerful and tiring movement.  If you can do a ring pull up and ring dip, with a little learning, you can easily do the muscle up.  Awww, memories.. I did my first MU early March.. reflect back with me here and see that old school video.  I need to do it more often because today I strung three together and was very tired.  I used to be able to do 3 sets of 5 in a row during a WOD.

The WOD for today was complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
  • 5 Chest to Bar Pull Ups
  • 10 Wall Ball Shot's
Results: I blew my load early so my output in the second half kind of suck.  Plus I ripped the skin on my with a little over a minute left and had to stop ;(
  • 12 rounds at 9:30 marker
  • 16 rounds at 13min marker
  • 20 rounds at 17min marker
  • 22 rounds at 19min marker
Oh, and I hate WALL BALLS with a passion.

2 comments:

  1. Is that you doing burpees in your office, lol. Im not sure how I will find the time to do 365 burpees after work. I work in cubes, so cant do any at work. Wall balls are like the 2nd or 3rd best!!! Nothing can beat power cleans!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I need to find out if can we break the count out along the day, or we have to sit and complete all at once. I'm assuming we'll get the point where you just zoned out and do it not thinking.. i do that with running.. my mind is somewhere else and I realize I'm running once the music stops.. and then I replay the track and go back to lala land.

    ReplyDelete