Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Gotta Be the Shirt

So, I have this new craze of buying shirts made of a Tri-Blend (50% Polyester / 25% Cotton / 25% Rayon) or a Poly-Cotton (50% Polyester / 50% Cotton) because they feel so good against your skin.  I love them... if I'm in Kenneth Cole or American Apparel, or whatever, I don't buy the the shirt unless it breaths of these materials.  Call me spoiled, call me picky... but once you put one on, you'll be labeled like me!  So, today, I rocked one I recently bought.  Its rare for me to wear Tees at CF because I get hot quickly and there's a 85% my shirt is coming off during the WOD.  It's not a confidence thing (still working on it) but I feel it's needed for my survival!  Once the shirts goes, I feel like a... umm.. gazelle?  Anyway, here's the shirt.. I love the color because it matches my royal blue FiveFingers...oh, and this is also my first time taking a pic with the EVO.


Anyway, back to purpose of blog... today's WOD was a birthday one for a guy named Michael, who's turning 33 (geez, that's old!)  Before the Birthday Workout we warmed up and worked on back squats.  I just stopped at 155lbs. I really need to get back on them!

The WOD was for time completion...
  • 33 calories on the rower
  • 33 pull ups
  • 33 deadlifts at 225 (for me 155lb)
  • 33 cleans at 135 (for me 75lb)
  • 33 calories on the rower again
Since we have a bottle neck at the Rower, I finished with the clock at 20min even, but started on the Rower at 2:45, and then waited 2 min for my last set,,, so... ummm.. 15min, 15 secs I guess.  Jason wanted us to finish in 10.  This dude must be smoking something cuz I've been way off past few performances.  Also, I felt I should have done 95 on the cleans, but would have made me slower of course.  Anyway, badass workout... not sure if the shirt helped or hurt... it did come off though later in deadlifts!

2 comments:

  1. Frank! We were supposed to rock (or should i say ROK) the CF shirts together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, wash day got held off to today, so I didn't have any more black/grey wife beaters and had to pull out the good stuff =)
    Jason saw my shirt and gave me his 'thats cool, i like' twitch and thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete