Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Committed!


Today I confirmed my Paleo Challenge for Level 8.  This is what I got in store starting January 1:
  1. Eliminate Refined Sugar
  2. No Gluten and No Soy
  3. Eliminate Grains
  4. Eat full fat dairy only overwritten by #8
  5. Cook with animal fats/coconut oil
  6. Eliminate Legumes, Starchy Vegetables and Squash
  7. Eat Grass Fed/Finished, Organic, Pasture Raised, and Wild Caught Meats Only
  8. Eliminate All Dairy
Good thing is...  I can eat more then 2 pieces of fruit per day (#9) and almonds (#10) but will not add salt.  Normally level 10 is there because people can't control their portions.  I can and need the fruit calories as well (but need to watch the natural sugar).

Technique:
  • Perform Strict Pull Up's for 1 minute
  • Perform Hand Stand Push Up's for 1 minute
  • Perform GHD Sit Ups for 1 minute 
  • Perform Turkish Get Up's for a few minutes @ a heavy weight
I used up to 35lb dumbbell for the TGU.  I'm limited by my left hand.

SEXY SWEATY TIME!!!!

 WOD:  Complete 10 round's for time:
  • 10 Bent over Rows @ 135#'s (try to avoid any body language here)
  • 10 Floor presses @ 135#'s (like bench press only you lay under the bar)


I used the same 95lbs for both and completed in 11min and 10 secs.  BoR got heavy and had to break into sets of 5 during 3 round for a few rounds and then, 5, 3, 2 in later rounds.  For the bench, had to do a set of 7 and then 3 for the 8/9 rounds and finished strong on last.  My bends in my arms are toast and figure I'll feel it in the morning ;(

Then finished the WOD with a good ol' Prowler Push of the black prowler stacked with 180lbs.


Special Thanks to Moms for taking pics.

4 comments:

  1. Diet seems pretty rigid and requires alot of dedication. Good luck with that! Unsure if this means no swirls from this point forward?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man! An email I got from the head trainer an hour ago... "Alcohol is off limits for this challenge. A cheat will give you the max points off possible." OUCH! Yes, I will say this corny joke.. I'll be Swirling Ice Cubes in Water :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang that diet sounds like a beast! Also sounds expensive (b/c of the special healthier meats). Good luck. I definitely know that if anyone can stick to a diet like that it would be you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks P for the encouragement. Just finished second day and all is going well. The free range and vegetarian fed meat and eggs can be pricey, but I am learning some tricks on how to save. Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete