It covers the "top fitness trends for 2011 [from]... fitness experts, personal trainers, fitness consultants and nutritionists". I'm excited to say that Crossfit crosses into just about all 10 of these trends. I guess this is expected when Crossfit focuses on constantly varied, functional movements which is the basics of anything.. in a highly supportive community with advice on how to live a healthy lifestyle.
Now, for my friends that know me, the item that Crossfit seems to be lacking most definitely is "ANYTHING DANCE". So yeah, as I continue my journey, my moves on the dance floor won't get better (unless I pull out that handstand at the right time) YOU GOT SERVED! (yes, going to go hide now)
Here's the list just in case the article goes dead.
- TREND # 1 - BOOTCAMP
- TREND # 2 - TABATA
- TREND # 3 - WEIGHT LOSS COMPETITIONS
- TREND # 4 - MAKING GROUP FITNESS FUN
- TREND # 5 - PERSONAL TRAINING
- TREND # 6 - LOW G.I. DIETS AND PH BALANCED DIET
- TREND # 7 - ANYTHING DANCE-
- TREND # 8 - P90X STYLE CROSS-FIT TRAINING IN THE GYM
- TREND # 9 - KETTLEBELL CLASS
- TREND # 10 - EXPANDING YOGA