Saturday, December 25, 2010

Why I Can't Dance

So, I found myself reading this article, THE MOST SIGNIFICANT FITNESS TRENDS FOR 2011.

It covers the "top fitness trends for 2011 [from]... fitness experts, personal trainers, fitness consultants and nutritionists".  I'm excited to say that Crossfit crosses into just about all 10 of these trends.  I guess this is expected when Crossfit focuses on constantly varied, functional movements which is the basics of anything.. in a highly supportive community with advice on how to live a healthy lifestyle.

Now, for my friends that know me, the item that Crossfit seems to be lacking most definitely is "ANYTHING DANCE". So yeah, as I continue my journey, my moves on the dance floor won't get better (unless I pull out that handstand at the right time)  YOU GOT SERVED! (yes, going to go hide now)

 Here's the list just in case the article goes dead.
  • TREND # 1 - BOOTCAMP  
  • TREND # 2 - TABATA  
  • TREND # 3 - WEIGHT LOSS COMPETITIONS  
  • TREND # 4 - MAKING GROUP FITNESS FUN  
  • TREND # 5 - PERSONAL TRAINING 
  • TREND # 6 - LOW G.I. DIETS AND PH BALANCED DIET   
  • TREND # 7 - ANYTHING DANCE-  
  • TREND # 8 - P90X STYLE CROSS-FIT TRAINING IN THE GYM  
  • TREND # 9 - KETTLEBELL CLASS
  • TREND # 10 - EXPANDING YOGA

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Very interesting.

    I say...
    Personal training - boring
    P90X - also boring
    Group fitness - VERY fun
    Bootcamp - love it

    I kinda want to try a kettlebell class. Sounds like it could be fun and intense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trisha for the comment. I feel you on these... PT, blah, P90X.. not feeling a DVD... As for the kettle bell class, you can actually get yourself a 1pood and go to town on your own terms. Crap load of workouts online =)

    ReplyDelete