Friday, January 14, 2011

Surprise!

One of theories behind Crossfit is to prepare people for the unknown.  This is why law enforcement and military use this type of training.  Maybe they need to run down a thief or carry a wounded soldier to safety.  When they put their lives on the line, they have to be ready for anything. Enter Crossfit.

So, my life is luckily not that exciting, but I do look for the WOD to be posted the night before so I can plan accordingly (may choose certain VFF/sockyshoes because there's more running involved, or wear certain clothes if I don't want to be shirtless during a WOD).  Our head trainer decided to make it a SURPRISE and not post the WOD so we can't be ready... I come into the box and here's the WOD on the board:
Cool! Team workout.. those can be fun because you're pushing and supporting each other towards a common goal.  And even though we are broken up into teams, at the end of the WOD, I'm so exhausted, I don't even know other teams scores.. actually no one cares!  It's just another way of keeping you moving.

I teamed up with my Crossfit Homie. We're always pushing and learning from each other.  Today, I found myself jealous of her favorite move, the Power Clean because of her extremely quick elbows!  I can get faster as I warmup, but geez, she starts FAST!

Anyway, these were the results... we alternate between the stations which forces your heart rate up and breaks you down... it had us beat!  Good Job Trisha!
  • Total Row was 965meters
  • Total Power Cleans at 95lbs was 57 reps
  • Total Number of Push Press (45 and 35lbs) was 116 reps
  • Total Rounds of Powler Pushes was (maybe) 4 each person
  • Final Treats was Tabata Style Hallow Rocks   
Well, guess that's it.. the weather is perfect and I'm still doing well with my Paleo Challenge (Day 14 of 45).

WOD: "Angie":  Complete all before moving on.. for time...
  • 100 Pull Ups,
  • 100 Push Ups,
  • 100 Sit Ups,
  • 100 Squats
RESULTS: 23:30 (Clock estimations.. 7:30, 16:00, 20:45, & 23:30). Started bubbling up skin at pullup 82 and then ripped completely around 90.

WOD: Rest day before the above one

Breakfast
  • Pear Pie (my creation) which is 2 eggs scrambled with 1/2 apple and 1/2 banana and 1/2 pear plus cinnamon
  • 3 eggs scrambled with ground turkey and mushrooms and peppers
Lunch
  • ground beef with mushrooms and peppers
  • 2 grilled skinless chicken breasts and grilling of various veggies
Dinner
  • 2 grilled shrimp kabobs with salad and then ground turkey with mushrooms and peppers
  • ground beef with various veggies, mushrooms and peppers

2 comments:

  1. pear pie "my creation" lol loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah, I just walk in and throw stuff together and cross my fingers.

    ReplyDelete