Thursday, September 9, 2010

Banged it out and came on home...

Gotta do a quick post today.

Technique was the Shoulder Press.  Basically you start with the wieght at your shoulder and then push it up over your head and lock out your arms with your head through.  You don't use any other part of your body.  Just slow and steady pushing with your arms and shoulders.


We had to do 3-3-3-3-3.. (5 sets of 3 reps) going heavy where the third rep was a struggle.  I know my 1 rep max is 125lbs. So I tried 115 and that was a struggle where I got 2.5 in, lol.  From there as I warmed up more, I could do 110-115lb struggling.  Shoulders are one of your hardest muscle to use over and over.. they tire very quickly ;(

The WOD was cool but was hard due to the shoulder press.  For 5 Rounds do
  • 10 Push Press (start from the floor at 135#'s)
  • 20 Box Jumps
A push press is like a shoulder press  but you can use your lower body to thrust the weight in the air.  So in theory, u can push press a lot more.  I did 135 for first round, 115 for 2nd and 3rd round, then 95 for 4th and 5th.  Took me about 8min, 30secs.  I wish I would have sucked it up and stayed at 115.  I keep forgetting time doesn't help me.

Aiight, it's been real!

No comments:

Post a Comment