Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Welcome Back!

So, I've been away for awhile due to visiting the east coast.  I had a blast but hope to have visited some CF boxes there, but times just didn't work out.  That's my one negative thing against NY/Jersey...  something of very short distance takes time and effort to get too.  Other then that, I do love the East Coast!


Yeah, don't laugh at my efforts above
(at hand stands.. and photoshop.. I mean MS Paint)

Anyway, as for today's class.  We started off with a pretty basic full body warm up. We did 2 rounds of 250 meter row, 10 GHD Situps, and 10 GHD Back Extensions. Then we did various stretches back and forth the box's floor.. Samson Stretches, Toes to Hands, High Knees, and Butt Kicks.  Rick was the trainer today.

Then we started the technique of the day, which was doing 4 rounds of 2 rep Heavy Power Cleans (2,2,2,2,).  Object is to perform 2 reps back to back (no rest.. after dropping 1st rep, get down and pick it up quickly again).  I know my one rep max is 175.. but not sure how many I can do back to back.  I warmed up with 135 and then gradually increased to a successful double rep of 155.  I kept dropping my second attempts of 165 and 160...    I realized when I execute the pull/jump correctly at the mid thigh, I can get the weight flying up to catch it in the quarter squat.  I need to work on more force to catch it higher.

The WOD was quickly jumped on to next, and let me tell you the effort I put into the Power Cleans taxed me during the WOD.  For time, complete four rounds of :
  • 25 box jumps
  • 20 kb swings 2pd 
  • 10 toes to bar
I used the 30 inch box jumps to push myself and also the 2pd for 1.5 rounds and randomly for 5 sets of the rest of rounds. That most def killed me.  I could do 1.5 pd easily and 2pd magnifies the challenge.  Wished there was a 1.75 =)  Finished in 15min even.  I thought it was pretty awesome to stick with the 2pd, which is basically half my body weight.

This is an example of CF at it's best... varied workout to challenge you for every day functions.  Warm-up had me sweating.. then I had to work on strength building.. then do some intense strength/cardio work...  It's like getting into a fight.. with yourself.  Your basically beat yourself up.. yet still win in the end.

7 comments:

  1. HAHA... Reminds me of .."Im kicking my a**"... from that movie Liar Liar.

    Im completely jealous. I have to go from work to class and have to miss my beloved power cleans!!!!

    Nice pic... good job for it being done with MS paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, well you can hopefully live thru me on Tues/Thurs =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do handstands better than I can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the number of takes to get it are held in a vault somewhere.. secretive, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By vault you mean my brain? Hahaha- btw he did amazing handstands all over the east coast... CF has definitely paid off! And also- he can run at the drop of a dime to catch a cab, light or simply cross the street without dying, go CF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good times! But I did learn from the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im sure CF missed you too!! Cool Pic!

    ReplyDelete