Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I Like to Jerk!

Yeah, I said it, lol.

Anyway, the clean and jerk is one of my favorite moves.  It focuses on moving an object from the lowest point possible (ground) to the highest point (straight over head).  It's really a full body workout while dialing in your focus, strength, stability, and speed.


Today's WOD consided of 3 rounds of the following, at a rep count of 15-12-9.
  • Clean and Jerk (115#)
  • Pull Up's
I finished in 7 min, 20 secs, with the last two rounds being at a weight of 95.  When I was done, I realized I should have just stuck with the 115, but would would have been done in about 11 to 12 min.  I'll do this for next time.  GO HEAVY OR GO HOME!!!! I keep forgetting this ;(

The technique for the day was the back squat.. 5 Rounds and 3 reps each.  I suck at back squats but remembered when the days when the bar brought me to my knees (45lbs).  I did 115, 135, 135, 145 and 155. Jason was there to push me to 155, which not to long was slight under my 1 rep max.

It was a good day at the Box....

No comments:

Post a Comment