Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I did it, plus OT!


Today, I had to prove myself... I was going into a workout that I wanted to finish in less then 30 minutes because normally I finish it in 32-34 min.  But I have to admit, I was concerned because I wasn't 100% due to recovering from an illness.

It's called the THE FILTHY FIFTY!!  For Time:
  • 50 Box jump, 24 inch box
  • 50 Jumping pull-ups
  • 50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
  • 50 Steps of Walking Lunges
  • 50 Knees to Elbows
  • 50 Push Press, 45 pounds
  • 50 Back Extensions
  • 50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
  • 50 Burpees 
  • 50 Double unders
By the 25 min marker, I was at the last item.  And finally finished in about 28min. This is an amazing accomplishment for I only stopped once during the KB Swings (@#42) and kept a steady/calm pace on everything else, even the Wall Balls which I hate!  I remained focused and kept my eye on the clock continuing to encourage myself as I marked each workout off my list.

To celebrate, I spent about 20 minutes after class working on hand stands and walking hand stands.  I mos def am doing better then when I first tried to do HS.  I use to tire out quickly and fall with pretty hard force. Now I feel my hands moving to keep my balance along with engaging my core and keeping my feet/toes together... not to mention I land like a cat (not all the time though, lol).

Today Was A Good Day!

5 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Congrats!!! Thats a great improvement! How is it that you had energy to do ANYTHING else after that bada** workout??? You a G! haha. I cant even imagine how I would feel after that workout, but I know it would be bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... love that picture! Well said! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Just kept my eye on the prize and stuck thru it. You can so this do =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... this workout sounds pretty fun and nifty actually. haha

    Great Job Rockstar

    ReplyDelete