Thursday, June 17, 2010

Crossfit for Lunch

Have to admit, there isn't anything better then working out for lunch.  Not only do you get a break from work, but you keep yourself from consuming something you'd be tempted to other wise.  It shocks your body and gets your metabolism going for the rest of the day.  If you have the resources at work, I encourage you to visit it.  Moreover, talk your lunch buddies into joining you as well.

Today I tried to find my 1 Rep Max Back Squat and did my first sets of Bench Press since my days of 24 Fitness.  As with anything, you won't increase your 1 Rep Max unless you continue to work on it, something I have been lacking and our Trainer is now forcing us to become better at and record.  Good thing is I can only go up.

I found my MBS to be 155lbs.  I found myself leaning forward on the way up, and I need to work on that because that's where the 'good stuff' is.  If I keep it over and centered, I can increase the load.

Then I hit the Bench Press.. did two sets of 5 reps of 135.  I could probably have done more, if I had help and assistance.  What I can pull from this is that during my regular gym days, if I took a break, i would have struggled with a weight like that.  So, I'm pretty happy.

The WOD was to try and complete as many rounds as possible in 10 minutes

  • 10 Jumping Pull Ups (wrist at the height of the bar)
  • 15  Push Ups
  • 20 Box Jumps 20"

I finished with 7 rounds.  The push ups started to get hard after the third set.  I did use a lot on the bench press I guess.  Someone got in 9 rounds, but he's a badass.

No comments:

Post a Comment