Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pain... the Crossfit High

That's what one of the trainers said today that kind of stood out.  Guess it goes along with.. "no pain, no gain."

The technique of the day was the Snatch.  It's a pretty cool way of getting a heavy object quickly off the ground and into the air.  We had to perform 1 Hang Power Snatch (stance start) and one Full Snatch (squat start) every minute for 10 minutes at a moderate load.  I did 75lbs and saw my technique getting better after each try.

The WOD was a quick 10min burner.  I had to complete 4 Rounds of 25 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls @ 95lbs and then 25 full Sit Ups.  Since I can't handle that, I scaled down to 85lb for the first 2 rounds and then 65lbs to make sure I finished in the allowed time.  Purpose was to keep moving and don't stop too long.  Rest two seconds and get back on it.  This is what makes CF places cool. You can grunt and cuss to get the weight up and then just drop it if you want.  You don't have to control it down like you would in a regular gym and get kicked out if you slip up.


During the SDHPs, I kept arching my back every so often... which is a NO-NO! If I took my time and looked straight ahead and kept my chest out, I'd not only perform it properly, but easily. Remember that Frank!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment